CARE & MAINTENANCE
Essential Best Practices
- Use light pressure when washing — damage, like scratching, can occur with excessive scrubbing.
- Prevent cleaning agents from permeating surfaces by cleaning and rinsing each window or door one at a time.
- Careful cleaning of aluminum frames is necessary following installation. Chemicals used on construction sites can be damaging to frames if they are allowed to sit.
- Never lean on screens of windows or doors. Falling can occur as these products are not designed to withstand such pressure.
The following items should never be used on your windows, screens, doors, or hardware. Your warranty can be voided as a result, and your products can become damaged.
- A power washer or garden hose
- Sharp objects, like razor blades, putty knives, abrasive pads, and other metal tools
- Harsh or abrasive cleaners/solvents and petroleum-based products
Cleaning Tips & Tricks
3. Rinse and dry any run-down quickly to prevent the cleaning solution from leaving a residue on your glass. If you prefer a pre-mixed glass cleaner, follow the printed instructions carefully.
4. Rinse your glass thoroughly with clean water to prevent the cleaning solution from leaving a film on your glass. As stated above, avoid using a power washer or garden hose.