What To Look For When Hiring A Replacement Window & Door Company
Finding the right door and window replacement installer is as important as choosing the best replacement windows and doors. There are several red flags to look out for when hiring a replacement window and door installer. Replacement windows and doors for any home should be installed by a trained professional. When evaluating door and window replacement companies, make sure these 5 items are addressed. If any of these issues show up, look for another installer:
- They don’t have a license.
- They require a 100% payment upfront.
- They don’t have insurance.
- They don’t give you a written contract.
- They don’t have any references.
In order to make your investment in impact replacement windows and doors a good one, you need to hire the right window and door installer. Make sure to ask any potential installers questions such as:
- Can you provide me with references?
- Are you insured?
- How long have you been in the business?
- Will you be obtaining permits?
- What are our local codes for door and window replacement projects?
- Do you offer a warranty?
- What type of warranty does the replacement window and door manufacturer offer on their products?
- How long will my door and window replacement project take?
- What are the payment options?
- Are there any add-features or upgrades I should consider?
Incorrectly installing replacement windows and doors can cost you time and money. Also, it can lead to a loss of energy efficiency. CGI has an extensive network of door and window replacement pros. Click here to find a door and window replacement dealer near you.
For more info read this article from Angie’s list on hiring a window replacement pro.